"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien



Friday, September 6, 2013

Shout Out for Amy!

In the last year, thanks to the wonders of Facebook, I have become reacquainted with a dear friend from college.  We were freshman together and lived just a few doors from each other, thus our friendship was forged in late night ramen noodle parties, "studying,"watching Anne of Green Gables and Monty Python illegally after hours in the library because she was a student worker and had a key (Shhhhh - don't tell), talking, walking, wishing and dreaming.  I introduced her to country music and she introduced me to southern beauty and hospitality.  She latched on to the country music so well that she even travelled to Wyoming with me over spring break the year my parents were divorcing and I had to clean out my bedroom.

We lost touch completely after college (truthfully, after I got married and ditched most of my single friends - bad mistake) but it turns out our lives have shared a few parallels over the last nearly twenty years.  She is a military wife and we are both raising boys.  Turns out we also share some similar heartbreaks.  Getting to know Amy again is a treasure.

She has just published her first article and I want to link it here because I believe in her and what she has to say.  Check it out and see what you think!

http://cbmw.org/public-square/marriage-public-square/caped-crusaders-and-cultural-kryptonite


Freshman Year:  We've Come A Long Way, Baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment